• 1973년 3월 7일 ~
  • 레이 레드몬
  • 레이 레드몬
  • 레이 레드몬
  • 레이 레드몬
  • 레이 레드몬

본문

4fd459a2d8a05531bc4b4caddbf3d5f1_1644304411_2406.jpg

레드몬 목사는 텍사스 주 에블린(Abilene Texas) 출신으로 1971년 성서침례교회 친교회에서(Hillcrest Baptist Church of Paso, Texas) 선교사로 인준을 받고, 1973년 3월 7일 미국 텍사스주 일파소에 있는 힐크리스 침례교회에서 파송을 받아 한국에 도착하여 현재까지 사역에 임하고 있다. 레드몬 목사는 전술한 주한 선교사인 휘커 선교사의 도전적인 메시지를 통하여 한국 선교사로 헌신하게 된다.
그에게 선교사로서의 기념비적ㅇ니 사역과 업적을 부탁하니 그는 거침없이 말한다.
“우리의 사역의 정점 중 하나는 한국에 선교사로 오게 된 사실 자체요, 와서 보니 먼저와서 충성스럽게 주님을 섬겨오는 주의 일꾼들과 선교사들을 만날 수 있었다는 것입니다.
또한 열악한 환경 가운데서도 헌신적으로 주님을 섬기는 사람들이 있다는 것과 어려운 경제 사정을 보는 것이었습니다.”
그는 수많은 사람들이 구원을 받고 사역자로 헌신한 사람들을 보게 된 것이 또한 그의 사역의 정점이라고 증언하고 있다.
그는 현재 우리 신학교가 새로 터를 잡는 일에 기여한 것도 꼽고 있다. 다음은 레드몬 선교사와 직접 간접으로 연관된 교회들이다.
부산 전원준 목사가 시무하는 산상성서침례교호, 엄대성 목사가 시무하는 부산망미성서침례교회, 김남주 목사가 시무하는 대전성서침례교회, 이상식 목사가 시무하는 양산성서침례교회, 이병구 목사가 시무하는 북부성서침례교회, 그리고 직접 개척하여 사역하고 있는 진해성서침례교회이다.
그는 또한 지난 12년 동안 대구 기독교 방송국을 통하여 복음을 전하고 있다. 현재 그는 군부대사역과 학원사역, 상담사역, 제자훈련사역, 어린이사역 그리고 한국군 및 미국 군인사역에 열심을 다하고 있다.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Brother Kim,

Reflecting on the work the Lord and my calling to minister to the saved and preach the gospel to the lost, my heart rejoices of how the Lord led us to start churches and also be a blessing as well as a source of support to so many of God's people in the great country of South Korea.
One day we will all pass out of this life into the presence of our Lord, and God's work that all of us had a part in will continue on right into eternity.

Brother Bosler shared with me the vision the Yang Nam Fellowship had for the house we resided in and the office Brother Peper, Flimmong, and I shared so many years ago.
I think you and the Pastors of our fellowship have made some very wise decisions in the future reflecting on the work of so many of our missionaries, their wives and yes even their children,
by the grace and power of God to do the Lord's work. Thank you for giving your leadership as a man of God and a leader in the Lord's army.
You and the entire Yang Nam Fellowshi[p of churches are in our prayers to start, continue, and accomplish God's work.
May God's richest blessing be upon you and all the Pastors,

Because of Calvary,
Brother Ray Redmon

위로가기